Your jewellery is the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off!
To enjoy its beauty for a long time, you may pay special attention and handle them with care following our tips below:
- Keep jewellery away from sharp objects, harsh chemicals (perfumes, hairspray, chlorine), sunlight and extreme temperature. All of this can affect the plating and appearance of stones.
- Place jewellery on after using cosmetics, hairspray and perfumes. This helps avoid contact with substances and chemicals which can cause damage. Put the jewellery on last.
- Remove all jewellery before taking a shower or doing household tasks such as cleaning. The abrasive particles in chemicals can cause a dullness in appearance.
- It is recommended to carefully wipe jewellery with a soft jewellery cleaning cloth after each wear to remove oils and other chemicals.
- Store jewellery in a dry place and in seperate pouches, wraps or zip lock bags. This helps avoid contact with other jewellery and objects which can scratch and chip stones in the piece. It is recommended that jewellery is kept flat to avoid tangling, kinks and stretching of necklaces.
- You can clean jewellery and remove tarnish with a jewellery cleaner. Please check instructions of the product first to see if it is compatible with your jewellery. To clean stones you can use a small amount of detergent and softly wipe away dirt, rinse with warm water and immediately blow dry after, ensure the jewellery is completely dry.
- To polish your jewellery you can purchase a special jewellery polishing cloth to make your jewels looking as good as new.